Friday, February 20, 2009

New Beirut album




http://www.mininova.org/get/1193271


From what I've heard sounds great, but no development of self, sound, from their last album. Which is totally fine. Maybe this type of music never develops?.. I don't know, there's something missing between this album and the last... over production.. too tight. You can really hear the (over)production at the beginning and end of the songs... not loose. Still good, but loosing that feeling. Umm.. knowing a few gypsy folk, I think they would like, and I would/have introduced their, Beirut's last album, to them. This one I would not...

I have some great stories about a gypsy woman working for us as an administrator - mostly about interactions involved in a dominated male work place. Man, great girl, very secure and sure of her ways. Very bright girl. And in the same way (what may have formed that greatness as well) is a structure in the very different and lovely culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment