Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Song of the Day: North of Canada - Modernday Saint Peter



Song: Modernday Saint Peter

(btw, to download myspace music, I used this. Sketchy program (works off another website), not very intuitive, but works.)

... people try, but they put me down...
... pick me up when I'm falling down, but don't line me up against the wall.

... I went down to Saint Petersburg!...

Catchy!.. reminds me of the Local Rabbits, Starkicker, Marcy Playground, and a local London band I remember existed about 10 years ago, Scrotes. No, seriously... I'll profile them soon! (edit: ok, did a quick search, there's no chance of finding these guys... )

... definitely lo-fi indie... but nice song D.C. Band, Two Polish guys in it (I think)... ugh.. you gotta love that lo-fi sound. Straight out of a 6-track. So raw and great. You could just see them recording this.. vocals can definitely use some work..


http://www.myspace.com/northofcanada


Profiled: http://musicunderfire.com/2008/12/north-of-canada-showcased-in-dc.html

Live: Oh gawd, vocals live could use some work, but really fun song...


No comments:

Post a Comment