Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Perseids

The Perseids meteor shower, which I only heard about a few days before, reached its peak the morning of August 12th. Apparently. I decided to head north of the city and try to see something, but it turned out to be pretty fruitless. After getting stuck in some 427 traffic (construction - single lane) and on-ramp 400 traffic, there was a major delay just north of the city on the 400, which took about 40 minutes to get through. All this around and just after midnight. Had a gps unit, and kept trying to find somewhere dark asap.

I tried to get lost up there, which apparently is pretty hard to do south of Barrie. I drove all the way up to Orr Lake and took a few shots there..







As you can see, nothing. Moon was too bright, and cloud cover didn't help. I did see one streaker very early on but it wasn't caught on camera as I wasn't really, ummm, ready. Oh well, there's always next time.

--

Here's a very short video taken this year... doesn't seem like too much activity either. Not sure when or where it was taken, but here's the Flickr page for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment