Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ok, one more iphone app/board game: Settlers of Catan

I downloaded this last night, and have been geeking it out intermittently between sleeping, eating, and packing.



Here's a review of the iphone game, and here's a pretty good strategy site.

Basically, you can read the rules here, but in all honesty, I didn't understand the game until playing 4-5 times. Getting started, the game tutorial does help a bit as well.

Also, I think cuz the rules are built in very strict on the app, it's easier not to make stupid addition mistakes, placement mistakes, not seeing the big picture mistakes. I'm looking forward to playing with others to see how different it is..

The only downside to this app that I see is the multi-player; there's no wifi or bluetooth option, so that means you're gonna be passing the iphone around, which is bogus. Time to make a board over the Christmas holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment