Thursday, February 18, 2010

Song of the Day: Liz Phair - Mesmerizing



Great Liz Phair song off the Exile in Guyville record.

I remember walking in Tokyo listening to this song. My friend Eric had to work during the day, and by the time he got off I was walking down around the Ginza area. Anyway, we were on opposite sides of the area, it turned out, and texted to meet in the middle for dinner and then to head to the Tokyo tower. As I was walking this song came on, and I remember consciously thinking that not only was it a great song, but I wanna associate this moment with this song. So, walking toward the agreed vending machine hot pot spot I kept this song on repeat. Apparently we were a bit further away from eachother than I anticipated, and I must have listened to it eight or nine times straight. I finally ran into him, and will probably never forget everything in me and around me then.

Speaking of/about time, Mr. Eric, when are we doing our Skype 'n' beer night?

No comments:

Post a Comment