Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Maturity

... is a weird thing. Intentions, willpower, responsibility... I'm reminded of the memory when I was a teenager, helping take out groceries outta my mom's car. We've just gone swimming beforehand, and my dad reminded me that I forgot my swimming bag in the trunk... ahh, I'll get it later I remember saying. He turned around and said, why delay it?... later you'll have your shoes off, comfortable on the couch, maybe eating... you really wanna do that later? Are you actually going to do it later?.. If not, the car is going to start to reek (paraphrasing), and someone else will have to do it for you, most likely resentfully (really paraphrasing)...



Yeah.. it has something to do with cleaning up your own messes, has something to do with running your own life, or at least taking some responsibility for it.

And he said: "Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along."

Well, luckily (and very thankfully!) I've had people help me along. Maybe now I can help myself and others, take out my swimming trunks, maybe the rest of the fam's swimwear, and go fucking wash them.

No comments:

Post a Comment