Friday, November 19, 2010

Umm, why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner?


This is pretty awesome. I'm kinda wanting to set up my own competing google maps website just to have to do this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32330625/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets

The U.S. company has hired two young cyclists to ride through gardens, historical sites and other pedestrian-only areas on the device to take thousands of digital photos.

"The idea is to be able to offer 360-degree images of places that were inaccessible before," Google spokesperson Anne-Gabrielle Dauba-Pantanacce said in an interview.

Update: Oh yeah, so in my excitement about this idea, I forgot to mention how I fell into this tidbit. I met up with Julia at the Toucan; thank you!!! I blew her mind discussing the implications of the 1927 Solvay conference on the Heizenberg Principle, and she blew mine telling me how disappointed she is in her high school friends. Post coming up on that soon. In all seriousness, it was fun and will be needing to do it again shortly, and she's generally brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment